The Legislative Committee
We work on California climate, clean energy and climate justice legislation through public education and advocacy at the district level (assembly and senate) and in Sacramento. We collaborate with other environmental, social justice and progressive groups to promote strong climate legislation.
Our work involves:
- Legislative training;
- Analyzing and tracking bills for action;
- Writing fact sheets, blogs and social media to inform and activate supporters;
- Meeting with legislators;
- Letter writing, calling and lobbying;
- Attending meetings and hearings in Sacramento;
- Working with other groups on legislative campaigns; and
- Following state rule making and regulatory actions once bills are passed (e.g. Air Resources Board).